The drive to keep going!

The other day I was driving down a busy road in Pune when I say a very old man, must be in his 80s, besides me inside a first-generation Maruti Swift. He was driving in bumper to bumper traffic and was clearly not at ease in the chaos that is our modern world. I noticed he was in his formals and even had an ID card round his neck. The man was working at the age of 80+ and commutes daily by driving around in the most nuttiest of areas of Pune.

This is when I remembered complaining to my father about the poor traffic of the city and my losing interest in commuting long distances. We as a generation are the most comfortable ones till date. We have all the technology and resources to make our lives easier. But as a result, we have somehow managed to become a lot lazier.

I just can't imagine myself alive at the age of 80, yet alone working and driving down busy roads. It's the drive to keep going that we lack!

Comments